There are more than 450 physicians in UBMD, offering a full range of primary and specialty care for children, adults and seniors. Click here to find a UBMD who´s right for you.
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment with a UBMD, please call the physician´s office or department directly during normal business hours, using the phone number provided in the physician´s profile. If it is an emergency, call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
Before Your Appointment
- Confirm that the provider you will be seeing is a participating provider in your healthcare plan
- Confirm that any service you will be receiving is covered under your plan and obtain any prior authorization if required
- Obtain any necessary referral authorization from your primary care physician before seeing a specialist
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at the time of service
What to Bring to your Appointment
- Important medical information such as medical records or test results (X-rays or laboratory tests)
- List of any medications and their dosages that you may be taking (including over-the-counter medicines)
- List of any known food or drug allergies
- Your insurance information and card (i.e., HMO, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Name of your referring physician and any required authorization or referral forms
- Personal identification (driver´s license, Social Security number)
- Financial resources to cover your co-payment or balance due at the time of service
Methods of payment vary depending on the physician´s office. Payment is expected at the time of service via cash, check or credit card. In most cases American Express, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. Some departments also accept Discover, Diners Card and debit cards.
UBMDs accept most major insurance plans. You can also look for a physician by specific insurance plan accepted.
List of Insurance Plans
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Better Health Plan, Inc. (HMO)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of WNY Inc
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Community Blue (HMO)
- Independent Health Association (HMO)
- Sisters Health Care Empire Plan
- Univera Health Care (HMO)